Friday, April 15, 2022

A Parapro and all we do

 Since I graduated in December, I have taken on the role of an Instructional Paraprofessional. What does this mean for people who don't know? Basically on a good day I co-teach math! I help with classroom management, struggling students, IEP kiddos, and even pull some students for small group instruction. On a more realistic (read mostly because of COVID) day consists of covering classes/duties of teachers who are out. I LOVE my job! I think that everyone should start out being either a sub or a Para! I get to come to work each day and have something new! There are some days when we have enough subs that I have a more consistent schedule, but right now with COVID and the flu going around we have seen better! I love the fact that I am getting to go into many different classrooms and meet a whole new group of students that I otherwise would have never known! Don't get me wrong though, there are days that these kids are on a whole different level because they "have a sub"! 

I swear those words are the bane of my existence. The school I work at is HUGE, which means that even though I've been here since technically August (Intern first semester employee the second) that there are still students who take one look and think that they're going to act up because I'm "just a sub". I think that the biggest thing I have learned from this is that you have to be confident and sure of yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Year 2 Update!!

Update on Year 2!     Can you believe it - it's already November! Time has flown by so quickly, both during the summer and the first few...